Anna Maria De Guid
My Version of the Christmas Letter
I walked through the "Last Act" shoe sale at Macy's and saw all types of footwear strewn on the floor! I thought that the store employees must be working extra hard these pre-holiday sales. I felt there are things we can do to help make things easier for them. Consider these as small acts of kindness that is only shared between you and Jesus.
If we consistently do these small things, they become a habit. And then, maybe these habits will create in us a character that will automatically do small helpful things. As is often said, a small pebble thrown in the ocean can create ripples that will travel far and wide.
Here are some of the things that you might consider doing:*
* Return carts to the designated places in the parking lot.
* Return items back to their original shelves instead of putting them anywhere in the store.
This is particularly needed when the items are perishable and need refrigeration/freezing.
* Let those who have only 1-2 items to purchase go ahead especially if we have a cartful
* Offer to help carry groceries or merchandise for those who could use the extra hand.
* Ask the question, "Do you need help?" to those who you think can use some.
* Got an extra coupon? Share it with anyone at the grocery or mall who could use it.
* Especially during holiday traffic, do let someone merge to your lane by slowing down.
* Shoot prayers of goodwill to anyone you see who seems overly burdened during the
* When baking or cooking, add a few extra servings to send to those who are homebound
or to those who are asking for food on the road.
Who knows what ripples these small kind deeds will do to the world?
My name's Anna Maria, and I publish a new video on YouTube's Touched by Grace Today and a new post on my blog touchedbygrace.today every week. Check out Catholicmom.com for my other articles! If you've been #tbgtoday, feel free to share your story of grace here.
#tbgthejourney #book #journey #stories #tbg #touchedbygracetoday #grace #annamariadeguid #touchedbygrace #inspirational